This post may contain affiliate links that support this blog.
15 things to do in South Bend, Indiana from a Local
1. Skate the ice trail at Howard Park
In winter, go ice skating and grab hot chocolate in Howard Park. In summer, Howard Park turns into a popular spot for kids.
2. Catch a show at the Morris Performing Art Center
Check out upcoming shows on their website.
3. Eat schnitzel at Weiss Gasthaus
4. Stroll the campus of Notre Dame
Home to the Fighting Irish, the University of Notre Dame has a gorgeous campus. Find Touchdown Jesus, the Golden Dome, and the Grotto.
5. Make pottery at the Pigeon and the Hen
Located in DTSB, the Pigeon and the Hen is the CUTEST spot downtown. You can paint your own pottery or try wheel throwing. Plus, it’s woman and Latina owned.
6. Spend an afternoon at the Potawatomi Zoo.
Potawatomi Zoo has periodic winter days outside of their normal summer season.
7. Have lunch at the South Bend Farmers Market
The South Bend Farmers Market is open throughout the entire year.
8. Pick your own pumpkin, eat cider donuts, and ride a “cow train” at Thistleberry Farm in the fall
Located in Mishawaka, Caracas is a local favorite that has delicious Venezuelan food and incredible milkshakes.
10. Pick your own flower bouquet at Field to Vase in New Carlisle
11. Pick blueberries at the Blueberry Ranch in the summer
12. Go to a South Bend Cubbies game at Four Winds Field
Enjoy a minor league baseball game downtown. Check their schedule here.
13. Rent snow shoes, cross-country skis, or innertubes at St. Patrick’s Park to take advantage of the snow.
St. Patrick’s County Park has about 400 acres worth of beautiful land to explore.
14. Play arcade games at the Garage Arcade Bar
Located in DTSB, the Garage is a fun place to hangout and play arcade games while getting a drink.
15. Tour the Studebaker Museum, which historically was made in South Bend
About the Author: Maci Tetrick is a meteorologist at ABC57 News in South Bend. She also serves as Miss South Bend, which is a local preliminary title to Miss Indiana in the Miss America Organization. She loves animals, the outdoors, and living sustainably, so these are reflected in some of her favorite things to do in her South Bend town.